What is the Ecostructure Project?
Ecostructure brings together five leading universities in Wales and Ireland to research and raise awareness of eco-engineering solutions to the challenge of coastal adaptation to climate change. Ecostructure aims to promote the incorporation of secondary ecological and societal benefits into coastal defence and renewable energy structures, with benefits to the environment, to coastal communities, and to the blue and green sectors of the Irish and Welsh economies.
What are our outputs?
Ecostructure is producing stakeholder-focused tools and resources designed to raise awareness and facilitate uptake of opportunities to employ coastal eco-engineering solutions to climate change adaptation. We’ve created fact sheets, e-newsletters, and our own innovative GIS-based information gathering citizen science platform to connect with coastal stakeholders.
- Visit our citizen science platform, the Ecostructure Observatory, to record species and structures you find along your coast.
- Learn more about project updates in our latest newsletter.
- Take part in our surveys to help us understand what you think about our experiments and how you value your coast.
- Take a look at our downloadable resources, including fact sheets and field guides.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest research updates.